Probably the best inspiration when it comes to wedding cakes is when you actually see a cake. You could read in vain about a cake; if you don't see the picture of that cake, you will not understand how the cake actually looks like. however, this could lead to ordering cakes after seeing them online. But we don't recommend this, because ordering a cake requires more than just seeing it; you should also taste it. This is why you should check for inspiration online and then go to a bakery house or a chocolatier and order a cake like the one you have seen online.
So if you need pictures for inspiration, here they are.
The first cake you see here is extremely feminine, because it is pink. It has 3 layers and it is decorated with gathered fondant and also butterfly brooches. Every layer and also the cake topper are adorned with a dimontee band. This cake is available on jankish.com and is presented by perfect-wedding-day.com.
Another feminine cake is the 3-tier brocade wedding cake, presented by the same site, but available this time from O’holysweet. This is decorated with something that appears to be lace, only that it is sugar. However, this cake uses indeed a special fabric as extra embellishment, and this is satin. If you look at the top layer of the cake, you will see a dark ribbon; well, that is the satin mentioned before. The middle layer is garnished with a necklace made from sugar, which has the same color (pink), as the cake itself.
We have chosen to present pink wedding cakes today, because this is the perfect color if you are planning to have a romantic wedding. But pink does not only signifies love, romance and loyalty, but also compassion, kindness and enthusiasm. In fact, this is the color of the fourth chakra, also known as the Heart Chakra, so it is definitely recommended for a wedding cake and theme. For cakes having other colors, check out our blog tomorrow or browse our archive.
If you look for some wedding cake ideas, let us recommend you several of the most interesting ones, as we have found them on the Internet.
1. Colored wedding cakes have always been interesting. Cream is in general white, but this does not mean that you cannot use food colorings in order to enhance the beauty of a wedding cake. In most cases, food colorings are not exactly safe for your health, this is why we recommend you to color that cream with natural colorants, coming from fruits, such as strawberries, cherries, blackberries and others.
2. Another great idea is to have a Castle wedding cake. In general, this idea is accepted more easily by a woman, than by a man, still Castle wedding cakes have proven their beauty and profitability in the weddings industry, so they are definitely here to stay.
3. If you like fruits, you can use them as the main ingredient of your wedding cake. Who has not heard of banana cakes or apple cakes? They are so tasty that your guests will ask for another slice. If you choose to have a fruit cake, make sure that your cake designer will use only fresh fruits, not fruits from the previous year, that were preserved. Nothing can compare to a fresh fruit or vegetable.
4. Flowers can be used too for decorating wedding cakes. Even though flowers are mainly used for the summer weddings, couples celebrating their wedding in winter have a possibility of using flowers as well: by addressing greenhouses.
5. Themed wedding cakes are great for those that want to show everybody that their cake is connected to the theme of the wedding. In this case, we can have beach wedding cakes, winter cakes, summer cakes, floral cakes, Halloween cakes and others.
6. Although the cakes mentioned now could be included in the themed wedding cakes, we had to create a different category for them, because they are extremely important and have other subcategories, in their turn. We are talking about the tropical wedding cakes, which are adorned with various decorations, such as palm trees, exotic flowers, sea stars, sand and even sea, obviously, all of them being made from sugar.
7. And at the end, we must not forget the symbol of love, which is the heart. Many couples decide to have a heart-shaped wedding cake, because of the significance the heart has; it symbolizes love and friendship, this is why heart-shaped cakes can be used on every wedding, regardless its theme or season when it is celebrated.
Do you search for some wedding cake ideas? We are happy to provide you with what you want and we hope that you will enjoy our recommendations.
There are many ideas that can be taken into account by a marrying couple for their wedding cake and one of them is having a castle wedding cake. Even though a castle-themed cake seems like a great idea for a 5-year-old girl, who still believes in princesses and fairytales, it is a great idea for a wedding as well, as long as both members of the future family agree. You simply cannot have a castle wedding cake for the bride, for example, and a firefighter-themed cake for the groom. The guests will understand that there were some problems in choosing the wedding cake and this is not what you want to express at your wedding.
Other type of cake is the one embellished with flowers or perhaps with jewelry. If you like innovative cakes, try a Halloween one, especially if you plan to organize your wedding close to this holiday. A heart-shaped cake will always be appreciated by couples and also by their guests and also fruit cakes will receive a high amount of attention from everyone.
If you look for an affordable wedding cake, try using only the most common ingredients, such as chocolate, cream and syrups. Don't choose charlotte, unless you have the money to pay a wedding cake made from this ingredient. Also, order a one or two-layer cake, not one as tall as the Empire State building.
It is preferable to take into consideration the season when you celebrate your wedding. For example, for a summer wedding, you can choose a beautiful floral cake and for a winter wedding, a cake embellished with silver jewelry, that represents small snowflakes or Christmas trees. Another option would be to use the benefits offered by the sugar and the creativity had by the wedding cake designers and have your cake painted in lots of colors and created in all sorts of shapes.
And do not forget the cake topper, which in most cases is the most important element of a wedding cake, sometimes more important even than the main ingredient of the cake, like chocolate, fruits, charlotte, jelly or others. The cake topper can be made from sugar or other ingredients, or it can be placed on the wedding cake only for decorative purposes. The cake and also the cake topper must be in accordance with the entire atmosphere and theme of the wedding.
Organizing a backyard wedding is a great idea for those that don't have enough money to rent a wedding venue, such as a restaurant or an outdoor location. However, not all the backyard weddings are cheap and the couple that organizes a wedding in such location must face several challenges. About them and how to throw a perfect backyard wedding, in this article.
Choose the season
There are couples who prefer winters; in this case, a tent must be taken into consideration, because it is obvious that the tables cannot be placed directly in the outdoors. But the best recommendation is to choose spring or summer, because you have more chances for the weather to be appropriate for a wedding, the day you organize it.
Plan the seating
Couples that organize their wedding in the backyard want to spend a very low amount of money on this event and they obviously do not hire a wedding planner. Because of this, they need to plan the whole wedding by themselves.
And one of the first activities is to send the wedding invitations and then, thanks to the responses you receive, to plan a seating. There should be enough tables at the wedding and also enough space between them. The preferred table is the round one and the distance between them should be of around 12 inches. If the tables are square or rectangular, they can be grouped together in order to leave enough space for dancing.
The couple must emphasize the location of the wedding in the wedding invitations, because guests needs to know what dresses and shoes to select for this wedding.
Select the menu
The menu should be the light, especially if the wedding takes place in the summer. Backyard weddings are in general smaller than restaurant weddings, this is what you should pay attention to the preferences of your family and friends. In other words, you should connect the wedding meal to their preferences and offer them only what you know they like. Jazz up the cocktail hour, which takes place in the case of most backyard weddings, with sophisticated drinks and light cookies. During this time, encourage conversation and mingle with the guests, ensuring that everybody feels fine and enjoys the time spent at your wedding.
Do you want to throw an autumn wedding? And you lack some wedding ideas? Don't worry, because we will provide you with several ones.
1. Use vegetables and fruits as wedding centerpieces
What can be more beautiful than using the power of autumn at its best? In autumn, most trees give fruits and most crops are ready to be harvested; this means to not hesitate to use them at your wedding. In fact, one of the main reasons for organizing a wedding in autumn (September, October, November) is that during this period, the crops are ready for harvesting and their outcome can be used without worries. Some can use grapes, for example, in August as well, but they are not as good as they are in September or October; this is why it is important to recognize the benefits brought by this autumnal season.
2. Enjoy the brownish colors
Even though there are people that don't actually like the brown color, others love it in every aspect of it. And you should start loving this color too, if you want to organize your wedding in the autumn time.
However, this color should not be used excessively; use also some interior decorations painted in orange or yellow, other colors characteristics to autumn, in order to enlighten the atmosphere.
3. Get dressed properly
If we are talking about the bride, she must have a wedding dress with sleeves or if she prefers to use a sleeveless gown, she should at least use a cardigan or shrug. One can never know when the meteorological conditions change, that is why the bride needs to be prepared for what's worse. The groom also has to use a darker suit or tuxedo, not white, cream-colored, blue or other light colors. The proper color for the groom’s outfit is brown, black, dark cream and dark blue.
4. Don't forget the umbrellas
Even if you organize your wedding at the restaurant or inside of a tent, you still need the umbrellas, because autumn is recognized for being the most wet season of all. If you arrange the transportation for your guests from their hotel or house to the church and then, to the wedding reception, you need to place the umbrellas in those automobiles that carry the guests from place to place. Who knows, maybe they will need them.
Other interesting autumn wedding ideas can be taken into account, but for this we ask you to visit us again, for more ideas like this will be mentioned soon. Also, you are invited to share your own ideas regarding an autumn wedding.