Are you searching for the perfect cake topper? Then let us show you some unusual cake toppers that can generate some laughter when the cake enters the ballroom. According to wedding specialists, the cake topper is something that should receive a lot of attention from the wedding cake designer, because this is the first thing on which the eyes of the guests focus when they see the cake. So if you want to make a great impression on them, choose one of the next cake toppers.
The first one is the Weddingstar cake topper, which emphasizes a bride and a groom having a bit of an unusual moment, that should not be caught on any camera: the bride pinches his future husband by his buttocks. This cake topper is $30.01. Life is all about the little moments, and if you know how to offer yourself a good laugh sometimes, you will manage to pass through life easier and without too much worries. By using a cake topper like this, the couple will take romance to another level, a level of fun and joy. There should be mentioned that this cake topper is not made from sugar, like other toppers, but from porcelain. This is good because you can keep this cake topper and enjoy it over years, just like you did on your wedding day.
The second cake topper is again created by Weddingstar and sold for $33.61. This time the topper emphasizes a couple that tries to offer a ‘Picture Perfect’ portrait. This sweet couple with complement any cake. It is made from porcelain and can be designed with various skin tones and hair colors.
Another humorous cake topper is the one designed by Wilton, which emphasizes a groom caught in chains to a heavy ball, just like the convicts used to be when they were transported to a maximum security prison. This time the ‘convict’ is the groom and only the bride has the key that could set him free. This product is $15.67 and it is sure to bring a smile on the face of your guests. It is crafted in resin and adds a comic touch to your wedding.
Probably the best inspiration when it comes to wedding cakes is when you actually see a cake. You could read in vain about a cake; if you don't see the picture of that cake, you will not understand how the cake actually looks like. however, this could lead to ordering cakes after seeing them online. But we don't recommend this, because ordering a cake requires more than just seeing it; you should also taste it. This is why you should check for inspiration online and then go to a bakery house or a chocolatier and order a cake like the one you have seen online.
So if you need pictures for inspiration, here they are.
The first cake you see here is extremely feminine, because it is pink. It has 3 layers and it is decorated with gathered fondant and also butterfly brooches. Every layer and also the cake topper are adorned with a dimontee band. This cake is available on jankish.com and is presented by perfect-wedding-day.com.
Another feminine cake is the 3-tier brocade wedding cake, presented by the same site, but available this time from O’holysweet. This is decorated with something that appears to be lace, only that it is sugar. However, this cake uses indeed a special fabric as extra embellishment, and this is satin. If you look at the top layer of the cake, you will see a dark ribbon; well, that is the satin mentioned before. The middle layer is garnished with a necklace made from sugar, which has the same color (pink), as the cake itself.
We have chosen to present pink wedding cakes today, because this is the perfect color if you are planning to have a romantic wedding. But pink does not only signifies love, romance and loyalty, but also compassion, kindness and enthusiasm. In fact, this is the color of the fourth chakra, also known as the Heart Chakra, so it is definitely recommended for a wedding cake and theme. For cakes having other colors, check out our blog tomorrow or browse our archive.
If you look for some wedding cake ideas, let us recommend you several of the most interesting ones, as we have found them on the Internet.
1. Colored wedding cakes have always been interesting. Cream is in general white, but this does not mean that you cannot use food colorings in order to enhance the beauty of a wedding cake. In most cases, food colorings are not exactly safe for your health, this is why we recommend you to color that cream with natural colorants, coming from fruits, such as strawberries, cherries, blackberries and others.
2. Another great idea is to have a Castle wedding cake. In general, this idea is accepted more easily by a woman, than by a man, still Castle wedding cakes have proven their beauty and profitability in the weddings industry, so they are definitely here to stay.
3. If you like fruits, you can use them as the main ingredient of your wedding cake. Who has not heard of banana cakes or apple cakes? They are so tasty that your guests will ask for another slice. If you choose to have a fruit cake, make sure that your cake designer will use only fresh fruits, not fruits from the previous year, that were preserved. Nothing can compare to a fresh fruit or vegetable.
4. Flowers can be used too for decorating wedding cakes. Even though flowers are mainly used for the summer weddings, couples celebrating their wedding in winter have a possibility of using flowers as well: by addressing greenhouses.
5. Themed wedding cakes are great for those that want to show everybody that their cake is connected to the theme of the wedding. In this case, we can have beach wedding cakes, winter cakes, summer cakes, floral cakes, Halloween cakes and others.
6. Although the cakes mentioned now could be included in the themed wedding cakes, we had to create a different category for them, because they are extremely important and have other subcategories, in their turn. We are talking about the tropical wedding cakes, which are adorned with various decorations, such as palm trees, exotic flowers, sea stars, sand and even sea, obviously, all of them being made from sugar.
7. And at the end, we must not forget the symbol of love, which is the heart. Many couples decide to have a heart-shaped wedding cake, because of the significance the heart has; it symbolizes love and friendship, this is why heart-shaped cakes can be used on every wedding, regardless its theme or season when it is celebrated.
Do you search for some wedding cake ideas? We are happy to provide you with what you want and we hope that you will enjoy our recommendations.
There are many ideas that can be taken into account by a marrying couple for their wedding cake and one of them is having a castle wedding cake. Even though a castle-themed cake seems like a great idea for a 5-year-old girl, who still believes in princesses and fairytales, it is a great idea for a wedding as well, as long as both members of the future family agree. You simply cannot have a castle wedding cake for the bride, for example, and a firefighter-themed cake for the groom. The guests will understand that there were some problems in choosing the wedding cake and this is not what you want to express at your wedding.
Other type of cake is the one embellished with flowers or perhaps with jewelry. If you like innovative cakes, try a Halloween one, especially if you plan to organize your wedding close to this holiday. A heart-shaped cake will always be appreciated by couples and also by their guests and also fruit cakes will receive a high amount of attention from everyone.
If you look for an affordable wedding cake, try using only the most common ingredients, such as chocolate, cream and syrups. Don't choose charlotte, unless you have the money to pay a wedding cake made from this ingredient. Also, order a one or two-layer cake, not one as tall as the Empire State building.
It is preferable to take into consideration the season when you celebrate your wedding. For example, for a summer wedding, you can choose a beautiful floral cake and for a winter wedding, a cake embellished with silver jewelry, that represents small snowflakes or Christmas trees. Another option would be to use the benefits offered by the sugar and the creativity had by the wedding cake designers and have your cake painted in lots of colors and created in all sorts of shapes.
And do not forget the cake topper, which in most cases is the most important element of a wedding cake, sometimes more important even than the main ingredient of the cake, like chocolate, fruits, charlotte, jelly or others. The cake topper can be made from sugar or other ingredients, or it can be placed on the wedding cake only for decorative purposes. The cake and also the cake topper must be in accordance with the entire atmosphere and theme of the wedding.
The cupcake is the new little fashion for weddings! The cupcake is a small round cake presented in a pretty paper and beautifully decorated! There are iced cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, decorated with cream and even custom cupcakes! Let your imagination free and adapt the “cupcake attitude”! This is a mixture of relaxation and fun for an always elegant decoration! Consider these following cute wedding ideas if you want to surprise your guests with something delicious and interesting!
The cupcake decorated with a heart is ideal for a wedding! I would personally choose the red color in order to remain coordinated with the rest of the theme! The cupcake decorated with green peas is always original and can be an excellent choice for garden, nature or country wedding! The custom cupcake is usually decorated with a custom chip, studded with ideas and originality! A chocolate cupcake can be decorated with the initials of the couple: a fabulous idea when you want every detail of your wedding to be personalized!
The cupcake tower can be medium or huge! This unusual idea brings a certain charm because it lets you play with the height of wedding decorations. The cupcake tower is definitely for an original and animated wedding. Thanks to this tower which creates a certain effect, decorating a dessert buffet will only be a formality: small candles, flowers and other biscuits and cakes will complement the extraordinary setting created by a support filled with these simple and wonderful cupcakes.
Have you ever thought to replace the classical cake with these cute wedding ideas? A table of cupcakes will complete the overall decoration! Try to arrange a desserts bar: cupcakes of all flavors, candies, tarts and other will be selected based on their color. Some small flags planted in cakes and you will get a personalized dessert buffet for outdoor wedding. Also it is important to present the cupcakes in a chic way. The best option you have is to choose simple wraps: this is the case with charming cupcake wrapped in cream and ivory and decorated with a small ribbon!
If you are afraid to cut the real wedding cake, as it is the tradition, then why not have a cupcake wedding cake? In this case you can always opt for overcoming the cupcake tower: a simple cake made of the same ingredients as the real wedding cake, but with a simpler presentation tier. It is enough to ask your pastry a cake with one level and a tower of cakes! Cupcakes placed on the lower floors will complement the decor (chosen according to the two colors of your wedding decoration). Given these ideas, you will have a traditional cake cutting, but also cupcakes to be shared to your guests.